Only some people can charge a fee or receive any other type of payment to represent or advise you on a Canadian immigration or citizenship proceeding or application. These are:

  • Citizenship or immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. Kruger Henderson Immigration Services is an authorized representative.
  • Lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
  • notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec.

These people are called “authorized” representatives.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will not deal with representatives who charge for their services and are not members of one of the above groups.

Anyone who gives you paid advice before you apply or start a proceeding must be authorized. Unauthorized people must either become authorized or refer you to someone who is.

If you pay a representative, they must be authorized if they:

  • act on your behalf during an immigration or citizenship proceeding by speaking for you,
  • help you choose the best immigration stream or
  • fill out any forms.