On average, Canadian households reported total expenditures of $80,700 in 2014.  This total includes spending on goods and services, plus expenditures on income taxes, pension contributions, insurance premiums, and gifts of money.  The average spending of $59,000 on goods and services represented 73% of total spending.  Income taxes, gifts, insurance premiums, and pension contributions accounted for the remaining 27%.